The Department of Pathology of Tungs’ Taichung Metroharbor Hospital (thereafter referred to as Tungs’ Hospital or “the hospital”) was established in 1971 as part of the Shalu Tungs’ Taichung Metroharbor Hospital. It is a legal practice unit approved by the health competent authority, with medical testing and technology as its core services. In June 2001, the Shalu Tungs’ Taichung Metroharbor hospital built a new hospital in the Wuqi Town, and applied for the merger of the two hospitals for the convenience of management. On July 1, 2007, it was officially named as Tungs’ Taichung Metroharbor Hospital.
The Department of Pathology has established the Clinical Pathology Division (including clinical hematology, clinical biochemistry, serum immunology, outpatient examination, emergency examination, blood bank operations, bacterial testing, etc.), the Anatomical Pathology Division (including anatomical pathology, cytopathology and molecular biology), and the Molecular Pathology Division. There are a total of 71 medical personnel, including 5 doctors, 61 medical technologists, and 5 assistants. In addition to joining the Association, all our medical practitioners are also actively involved in various academic professional groups such as the Taiwan Medical Association, Pathology Society, Taiwan Society of Laboratory medicine, Taiwan Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Taiwan Society of Blood Transfusion, Taiwan Society of Microbiology, and Taiwan Society of Parasitology, etc. Participating in these academic groups allows our medical practitioners to continue receiving on-job training and education, enhancing the quality of our work and service.Service Locations:
I.Wuqi area: Located at No. 699, Taiwan Ave., Sec. 8, Wuqi District, Taichung City. It has three service stations: the Outpatient Testing Room, Blood Bank/Emergency Testing Room, and the Central Laboratory.
- Outpatient Testing Room: Located in Basement 1 of the hospital. Telephone number: (04)26581919 ext. 4505
- Blood Bank/ Emergency Testing Room: Located on the 1st floor of the hospital. Telephone numbers: (04)26581919 ext. 4506/4501
- Central Laboratory: Located in Basement 3 of the hospital, including Biochemical Testing Group (ext. 4508), Hematology Testing Group (ext. 4502), Serum Immunity Testing Group (ext. 4509), Bacterial Testing Team (ext. 4507) and Administration Office (ext. 4500).
II.Shalu area: Located at No. 8, Chenggong W. Rd., Shalu District, Taichung CityService Hours:
- Outpatient Testing: Mon.–Fri. 7:30~22:00; Sat. 7:30~13:00
- Blood Bank/Emergency Testing: 24 hours with 3 shifts
- Central Laboratory: Mon.–Fri. 8:00~17:30; Sat. 8:00~12:00
- Shalu area: Mon.–Fri. Mornings 08:00~12:00; Afternoon 13:30~17:30; Sat. 8:00~12:00